Don't forget the rest of the circle! Click on Evangeline's letter after you finish mine to continue around the circle. When you keep reading and clicking, you'll land back here!
My 3 little cuties,
We have one month down in 2017! Here are some highlights from January...
- We had our first big snow in the first week of January. It lasted for 4 days or so, where it stayed in the single digits; then it suddenly melted overnight. We have had several days in the 60s since then. It snowed one more time after that, but not very much.
- The Steelers made it all the way to the AFC Championship this year, but then they lost to the Patriots.....yuck.
- Donald Trump was sworn in as our new president a couple weeks ago. LOTS of people had strong feelings about that, both positive and negative.
- Uncle Levi and Pappy came down one Saturday and worked on things in Daddy's shop. Grandma couldn't come, though, because she was working.
- Uncle Ian flew in to America for a few days and got here on Poppy's birthday. We only really saw him one day before he flew back, but he got to be there for Poppy's birthday meal on Sunday.
- Daddy helped work on Marc and Nichole's house one Saturday, and we all got to watch the cranes picking up the big pieces of wood. Elli, you got passed around from car to car, and from what I heard, you were smiling at everyone who held you.
- We made a trip to the new Wegman's grocery store in Charlottesville and were happily overwhelmed by the enormity of the store...even live lobsters!
- Daddy got a "bid route" for the first time, so he should always be in one spot when he's in delivery; Linville!
- We were all sick with colds again this month. Mommy ended up with a sinus infection and two rounds of antibiotics. Elli, you had an ear infection, and I'm scared you're getting sick again.
Mommy and Daddy decided that this year we will have monthly dates with you- all by yourself. The ultimate goal is for you to have a date with each of us each month, but the official goal is just one per month. This month you took a date with Mommy to McDonalds, where you got a Happy Meal and a milkshake. Later in the month, you had a date with Daddy to Lowes (where you said you got to try ALL the drills in the store!) You've been scared at night again lately, and most of the time, your light is on by the morning. You have been fighting with Rylan more, but maybe it's been because we've been cooped up inside so much with the cold temperatures. The two of you do better with more fresh air. Although you don't like to play outside for long unless someone else is out there too. We've been working on learning your letters, which you seem more interested in when there's an incentive, like candy, to motivate you. I can't believe you're going to be starting kindergarten so soon! It makes me sad to think about Rylan and Elli being here every school day without you. They will miss you a lot.
you have been cuddling things and calling them your baby lately. It's adorable. One whole morning you went around cuddling a truck and telling me that it was your baby. You used a sweet falsetto voice, asking me to talk to your baby, kiss your baby, and hug your baby. You are incredibly tough, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. I'm scared of how rough you might play with other kids your age, because you play so rough with Mason. He can handle it, but most kids your age would not like to play so rough. Every week in Awana, you end up memorizing Mason's verse with him, which always impresses us. You can put on your own shoes, as long as they're easy to put on (your boots, crocs, or any of Mason's shoes that you claim as your own). You still ask for songs from the Truckery Rhymes book before bed. I have added a remix to the list, when I made "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe in the Rap Way." That one always makes you laugh, especially when I bounce you in your bed at the same time.
you're getting bigger! Not a lot heavier, but still bigger! You can roll over both directions now. You smile quickly, especially at either of your brothers. You are big enough to sit in your bouncy seat now, but you still use your rock n play and swing too. You had your first ear infection this month, so you also had your first antibiotic. Your hair is getting longer, and not much more has seemed to fall out lately, and it still looks really cute. You like to push your legs straight out when someone's holding you to try to stand. You also like to lean backwards/upside down on our laps sometimes. You love to be held. If you're crying, you usually stop right away if someone holds you. You're usually happy, constantly cute, and always lovable.
Here are some funny things we've heard around the house this month:
I love you, you busy, crazy kids!
Here's the link to Evangeline's letter, one more time!